The latest IEEE Xplore Release 4.6 brings some significant enhancements to key pages of the site, including the abstract, publication home page and table of contents pages. These pages have been redesigned with a new look and feel, which incorporates the following enhancements:
Streamlined Presentation for Journal Home Pages
– Improved visibility of the most recent and popular content (top five articles spotlighted)
– Support for journal highlights (video, audio, or custom announcements)
– Expanded journal bibliometrics (Eigenfactor and Article Influence Score)
– Improved navigation to previous issues, early access content and popular articles
– More prominent links to submit manuscript, author tools and editor information
– Recommendations for related journals
Abstract Page Enhancements
– Improved organisation of contents and more prominent links to references, citing documents, etc.
– Incorporation of article bibliometrics: Includes a cumulative count of article full-text downloads from 1 January 2011 to the present (as well as detail for monthly downloads) for journal and conference articles, standards and eBooks.
– Inclusion of third-party citation metrics from Web of Science, CrossRef, and Scopus
– Support for graphical abstracts (video/audio/images) and improved presentation of multimedia elements
– Support for author names in native language (Japanese, Korean, Chinese)